Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~Markus Zusak

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Star-cross'd

“Have faith,” you whisper, your eyes burning in my moonlight. “Soon...”


“Soon isn’t good enough,” I scream, but by then you are gone.



You have left me, again. Always it is the same. You are the Romeo to my Juliet, for star-cross'd lovers we most certainly are. I can only look down on our children and hope that one day we will be together.


I can see you in them, you know. In their shivers and in their sweat. They have your hope. Looking at them brightens my heart. I shine for them. I shine for you.


Have I ever told you about the first time I saw you? Everything was young back then. Before hope. Before love. There was just me. And then there was light, and then, before I could even dream about you, there you were. My shining star. All I could do was stare. At the brightness and at the heat and at the pure force of you.



“I am back, my love,” you sing, a melody of angels carrying your voice through the vacuum.


But I am gone, and our children are asleep. For another day we must wait, you and me. The stars shoot for my agony. The comets fall for your loss. We are but two star-cross'd lovers, my Sun, and your warmth beats my heart.

1 comment:

  1. This is my absolute favourite one! And it's Marie by the way, but I was too lazy to log in anywhere :P

    ReplyDelete